Savills sizzle in summer scorcher
The IAS/OAS/SAS annual tennis tournament took place yesterday at the David Lloyd Club in Northwood, Hertfordshire, on one of the hottest days of the year.
All four round robin groups were keenly contested and saw some fine competitive tennis in searing temperatures. The teams that won their groups and progressed to the main Trophy semi-finals were:
- Savills (Ed Gee and Duncan Knight)
- Dalton Warner Davis / LXA (Ged Denning and Richard Parton)
- Montagu Evans (Jonny Goldstone and Rob Wallace)
- London Clancy / Lamron (Jim London and Malcolm McPhail)
In addition the runners up in each group went forward to the Plate semi-finals:
- SHW (Laura Miles and Sam Bayly)
- Vail Williams (Alex Gauntlett and Russell Mogridge)
- The Warwick Group (Daniel Warwick and Ed Wright)
- Madlins / Aitch Group (Andy Rogers and Paul Magee)
The Plate semi-finals saw some strong serving and attacking play from the Madlins/Aitch Group and Vail Williams teams, as they progressed to the final. In the end Madlins/Aitch Group proved to be too strong as they ran out 6-4 winners.
In the main Trophy semi-finals, a spirited fight from the experienced London Clancy/Lamron team saw them run Montagu Evans very close but in the end losing out by 6 games to 4. On the other side of the draw, the tournament's form pairing from Savills, dominated Dalton Warner Davis/LXA to win their semi-final 6-1. The much anticipated final was played in front of an enthusiastic crowd on the terrace. Playing some fine tennis in the sweltering heat, the Savills team just got the better of last year's champions, Montagu Evans, with a 6-4 victory to once again claim the coveted trophy.
Well done to all the players who battled hard all day in the very hot weather and thank you to our sponsors, Colliers International. We look forward to seeing you all again in 2019!